Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Recalling the facts

Yeah, it's true. I temporarily forget several important things. First of all, the fact that I'm Sane has not crossed my mind in three years. The reminder that I wanted to race in NASCAR once only comes up once a week, and even then it's like, "oh yeah, didn't I want to do that someday? oops"

Oh yeah, and I forget I'm a teenage girl. 

Seriously. I remember being human. I do. I remember being female in the gender sense. But in terms of personality, I cannot remember that I'm a teenage girl. Yakking on the phone is not a fun thing, it's a communication device to be taken and used at will. Brushing out hair in the morning is not a "how do I intend to style this to reflect my personality?", it is a "meh, this is getting too long again to be functionally useful. I wonder if getting it cut a tad shorter with more layers would keep it from getting in my way for a little while longer?"

Today, the fact is impossible to avoid. 

I wake up. I have my black tank top on with SPARKLES everywhere! I love this shirt. Well, it's in the fifties out, and I want something on my arms. So I tie on the removable sleeves from my homemade 'ren-esque' dress to the straps of my tank top. Nice big flares on my jeans. And pink stripes in my hair that are fading to a strawberry color. I hate getting up in the mornings when I feel lousy, so makeup usually helps. Concealer is thrown on and glitter is sparkled over my cheeks and on my eyelids. Better.

Still doing iffy. Get up. Talk to a friend for awhile. Feel better. :woot: 

Then I'm bored. So I watch an anime while talking to an adopted older brother. I quote: 
he: researches death ray prices
me: WHY?!
he: It'll only kill moths... probably... pop balloons and light matches...
me: looks like I might be in trouble then.
he: are you a moth? a match? a balloon? no.
me: yup.
he: you are also my little sister and therefore my evil powers will be used to protect you.

I read the above line at the same time the main male lead character says to the MC: "Never forget that you're a girl!" (he's scolding her about being reckless)

The reminders today that I'm a teenage girl and supposedly pretty helpless are everywhere. Oh joy. Oh rapture. Would you mind terribly if I sped through this next year to get to my twentieth birthday? *bile rises at that thought* Nevermind. I'm going BACK in time to my TWELFTH birthday and staying there. And I'm taking my friends with me.

Mlek. I hate this cough. Perhaps I should change that to *phlegm rises*.

The facts: 18, almost 19. Sick. Starved to death for the bacon Mom's cooking. In desperate need of a solution to this story I've been writing. Teenage girl. Hardly helpless.

The miracles: Many. The first and not last was today, a dear friend returned home after running away, and she found Him. :D The Lord is good and faithful.

No comments:

Post a Comment