Tuesday, October 6, 2009
Tuesday, August 18, 2009
Friday, July 17, 2009
Green's coming out, guys! :D It's about time, no? Even more interesting news... Ted Dekker's started this amazing promotion at...
Our job is to gather recruits and earn points. After we join the Forest Guard, this is what our assignment looks like.
It’s pretty easy…here’s some things to know and do right away...
- Email Updates: Add email@example.com to your address book and watch for our email updates and also keep an eye on the “News” and “Special Missions” sections. We’ll give you new ideas for how you can be participating about once a week.
- Special Missions: Participate in the special missions we’ll be launching throughout this campaign. Check out the “Special Missions” page to read the latest on those and stay in the loop.
- Recruits: Learn about recruits under the “Recruits” page and find out why you should start finding your recruits right away.
- It’s Easy: Just do what you do naturally—talk to your friends and people in your community about Green and the Circle series. Read below to see how to use the cards we’ll send you.
- Rewards: Check out the amazing rewards available to you for your efforts on the “Rewards” page.
- Report back: Reports aren’t as intimidating as they sound…it takes about a minute to send in a report and a couple of clicks. Don’t worry…this isn’t like school. But we can’t reward you and give you credit for your work if you don’t tell us about everything you’re doing to get the word out. It’s really important that you go to “Earn My Points” all the time and send in reports about what you’ve done. All rewards will be decided based on your efforts and the points you’ve earned.
- It’s Up to You: Get creative and have fun! We know you have so many amazing ideas and know about things your friends love lots more than we do. We’re giving you the freedom to be as creative as you want to be.
Your Primary Mission
Your biggest mission as a Forest Guard member is to help us find new recruits.
What’s a recruit?
A recruit is a new reader of Green and the Circle series.
Each time you find a new recruit, you need to get them to sign-up on the recruit page. When a new recruit signs-up, two things will happen:
1. They will receive exclusive offers on Green and other Ted Dekker books.
2. You will receive 100 points towards the Forest Guard rewards for each new recruit who uses your Forest Guard number.
IMPORTANT THINGS TO REMEMBER ABOUT RECRUITS:
1. Recruits must sign-up at http://teddekker.com/readgreen in order to receive the special offers.
2. You will only get your 100 point credit for the recruits who use your Forest Guard number when they sign-up on that page, so be sure to tell everyone you influence to use your number.
3. Many of the Forest Guard rewards require that you get a certain number of recruits in order to qualify, so be sure to check out the rewards page to find out how many recruits you need based on what prize you hope to earn.
And of course, the rewards page is covered in gifs that I can't put onto my desktop, load to photobucket and put here. <_<>Rewards
BECOME A LIEUTENANT OR CAPTAIN IN THE FOREST GUARD:
Every Forest Guard will have the opportunity to earn the level of Lieutenant or Captain in the Forest Guard.
HOW TO BECOME A LIEUTENANT:
You must receive 600 points including 5 recruits. (You get 100 points for every recruit.)
HOW TO BECOME A CAPTAIN:
You must receive 2000 points including 15 recruits. (You get 100 points for every recruit.)
HOW TO RECEIVE THE FOREST GUARD GRAND PRIZES :
In order to qualify for the Grand Prize, Runner-Up prize, 3rd place and 4th place prizes, you must have at least 50 recruits. Prizes will then go to the hardest working person who has done the best job and has the most points.
Lieutenant: Emailed certificate of lieutenant status, your name in the next Ted Dekker book under the list of Lieutenants.
Captain: Emailed certificate of captain status, your name in the next Ted Dekker book under the list of Captains, an advanced copy of Dekker's next book.
Fourth place: Set of signed Circle series
Third place: Ted Dekker Merchandise super pack... (and there's a lot there, I just can't see what a few of the things are without my glasses... oops?)
Runner up: One of three swords, Ted Dekker Merchandise super pack
Grand prize: Ted Dekker Merchandise super pack, and lunch with Dekker in Austin (trip paid for)
Time to throwdown the challenge... :P Come on. You know you want the shiny sword... ;) and it helps there are books involved...
So go sign up as a recruit, then go join the Forest Guard. "And remember when you've nicked 'im, it was me what told you so" ;) 5684 and don't forget to tell me you joined, so I know who I'm racing against. :P
Tuesday, June 9, 2009
Okay, well, life changed quick here... Last post was May 21st. It is June 9th. I don't think I've ever been so thankful for a day to be over. And it wasn't what happened today, just purely the date itself in reference to the past.
I'm now nineteen, practically senile. I have an extreme lack of hair now as seen in above picture (with Blue Monkey). I have been staying in Colorado Springs since Friday afternoon, and will be here until Saturday when Legolas and I head back to Punkin's.
As was threatened, Saturday was my first CO minimoot. On the thirteenth, it will have been a year since I first came to CO to visit for Moot. It's so hard to believe it's been so long, but it's harder to believe it was only a year ago.
And things have really changed.
There's no roadwork up and down Powers, Academy, Austin Bluffs, or Carefree. You can go from the Panera to Pulpit Rock Church without seeing a single roadwork sign. There's snow on Pikes Peak, making it easy to distinguish the mountain from the hills surrounding when there's haze (hey, I don't ALWAYS wear my glasses like I should), and you can see the road up Pikes Peak from the top of the hill near Pulpit Rock, winding. I was able to point out the ridge where the Elf family's car broke down. I could also see the Incline, which I HAVE TO CLIMB... *is swallowing back drool at that challenge* *whistles innocently* Sorry... it's pure awesomeness. MUST CLIMB...
But to top all of that off? The people...
There were sixteen CPers at the minimoot. I knew ten from the Moot last year, the other six joined in the last year. In the last year: Nia was made Admin of CP, Twinkie is more confident in her abilities, Mangy took control of the Serious Talks forum, MOTS went off to Walt Disney World to work and came home again, Yellow Leader got ridiculously tall, Kryos looks his age, Blue Monkey and Dolphin got way too old, and the six CPers that joined us were: Tony Fritz, Frost, Bree, Anywhere, Celeris and Masque.
As proof that nobody looks the same?
That is Blue Monkey and I at Moot. Garden of the Gods, June 14th. Compare with the first photo. I have pictures of the others from Moot and from the minimoot if that's not enough proof for you. :P
Strangely enough, I spent most of my time around some of the people I really didn't spend a ton of time with at Moot: Kryos, Yellow Leader, and AngelJ. That was kind of a shock to me to realize I spent a ton of time around them that day, but hey, we had fun. Especially during Freeze. :D
Sunday, Anywhere was with Mangy and I, then she left at about 11:30 that night to head back home.
Monday... Have I mentioned how much I hate June 8th? It wasn't even a particularly distasteful day in the past. It's just one of those days... :P So Mangy and I spent practically all day on the computer, then turned on "The Lost Room" at about 10. We finished the first disc about 1:45 or so, then I came down here to be sure Anywhere and Daeriel had already gone to bed for the night. I give those two more trouble than they give me, granted, but as the oldest, I still check in. :P
It's just terrifying to me at some points how everything has changed... but so little has at the same time...
In order to make up for the lack of actual posts over the last couple months, I'll share the CP vlogs I did in April as well as one I featured in this Sunday evening. :P I hope you'll forgive my lack of activity eventually. My greatest apologies for the lousy sound... our kids camera was a pain to deal with. Not to mention these are my second, third, fourth, and fifth try at vid editing.
In Date Order:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXa1lnDjmM4 = April 8th
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLirehtxhhk = April 15th
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sosw5MUR7S0 = April 22nd
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SU2lSTRr_V8 = April 29th
And Mangy's vlog this week!
So yeah. I'll try to do better about actually getting blog posts up. :P Love y'all!
Thursday, May 21, 2009
Well... Mondays we typically go to the library. Tuesdays we take Hayden into school, then drop by the grocery store on the way home from picking him up. Wednesdays we usually garden all afternoon. Thursdays and Fridays feel like repeats of Wednesdays. Saturdays Becca sleeps in. Sundays Anders sleeps in.
So that's our basic weekly routine. Thursdays have also become breadbaking days. :P
Hayden, Hailey, and Becca are sick. I was up nearly all last night, half-dead because of being so tired and being incapable of sleeping. When I did sleep, there were nightmares. :P Then Becca brought Hailey in to me and asked if I could get her to take a nap... it was about 11 at that point. I sort of laid there half dead and Hailey curled up against me and fell asleep. I didn't get up until 12:35, and when I did, I went upstairs, grabbed food, and turned on a movie. Becca was playing Unreal Tournament at that time and Hayden was occupied elsewhere. So we've watched two movies, cleaned up the living room and kitchen. I showered and Becca's making dinner.
Tonight's the season premier of "So You Think You Can Dance"... Somehow I really feel like I'm getting my fill of inane tv shows as well as movies now. :P And on the subject of inane TV shows, Kris Allen should never have won Idol, but Adam Lambert will definitely do better in the music industry and get signed immediately anyway, so who cares? Oh, and Idol season 9 auditions are being held in:
Boston: Gillette Stadium
Atlanta: Georgia Dome
Chicago: United Center
Dallas: Cowboys Stadium
Los Angeles: Rose Bowl
Orlando: Amway Arena
Denver: INVESCO Field
So did anybody besides me catch that last one? *whistles innocently* Hey, I never said I would make it, but I may as well try out with the other pitiful thousands just so I can say I did, if I'm still here by that point (Dates not decided yet). :P Thirty seconds of fame, and whatnot. *grin* Still, I would've liked to have done so with Elya or Daer or somebody, but I couldn't find any rules permitting (or denying) duets, and I don't know if she'll be here or not. :P And yes, I've already picked the song I have to sing a capella for a minute or less and no, it's not common at all that I know of. :P
Speaking of songs, my new favorite lullaby of the month: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICUlBNrDUgk
Ho hum. Now I'm just rambling. :P So I'll let y'all go back to your happy existences.